When Built: 1983
To commemorate Erickson and the R.M. of Clanwilliam Centennial in 1984
The "Land of the Vikings" as the Town of Erickson is known, was first settled in the late 1800's by a group of Scandinavian immigrants. To commemorate their heritage this monument was erected. It symbolizes the drive and hard work of pioneer settlers.
Here is a close up of the boatmen
Information Source: Town of Erickson
Pictures Sources: DMY